Absentee Voting in Person:
Office hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm (we do not close for lunch). Absentee voting begins Tuesday, June 21, in our absentee office across the street and south from our main office at 204 N. Liberty Street.
Residents of Kansas City go to https://www.kceb.org.
Please note that our absentee office is also open Saturday, July 23, and Saturday, July 30, from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm.
- I.D. needed to vote (choose one from list) – Click HERE to display list of I.D. requirements
For more information, contact:
JCEB Offices – 215 N. Liberty, Independence, MO 64050 | (816) 325-4600
Absentee Voting by Mail:
Overseas Citizens and Military – Click HERE for special instructions.
In order to receive an absentee ballot by mail you MUST send in a written request. Exceptions:
- A parent may request a ballot be mailed to their child or vice versa but the request is required to be made in person at our office
- A person may request a ballot be mailed to their spouse but the request is required to be made in person at our office
- Requests for an absentee ballot by mail must be received in our office no later than 5:00 pm on Wednesday prior to the election in order to mail out a ballot.
Requests for the August 2, 2016 Primary Election must be received on or before Wednesday,
July 27, 2016.
If a request for absentee ballot is received after 5:00 pm on the Wednesday prior to the election, regardless of when it was mailed, a ballot will NOT be forth coming.
- Click HERE to print the Application for Absentee Ballot. The following items must be on your written request in order to receive a ballot by mail.
- Printed Name as Registered
- Registered Address
- Mailing Address (If different)
- Reason for needing an Absentee Ballot
- Phone Number, Birth Date, and last 4 digits of Social Security #
- Signature (It must be signed)
- Once you receive and vote your ballot it will need to be notarized before you mail it back in order for it to be counted.