Absentee Voting in Person:
Office hours are Monday – Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm (we do not close for lunch). Please note that our office will also be open Saturday, April 3, from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm.
Absentee requests for the April 6, 2021 General Municipal Election must be received on or before Wednesday, March 24, 2021.
Residents of Kansas City go to https://www.kceb.org.
For more information, contact:
JCEB Offices – 215 N. Liberty, Independence, MO 64050 | (816) 325-4600
Reasons you can vote absentee:
- Absence on Election Day from the jurisdiction of the election authority in which I am registered
- Incapacity or confinement due to illness or physical disability, including caring for a person who is incapacitated or confined due to illness or disability
- Religious belief or practice
- Employment as an election authority or by an election authority at a location other than my polling place
- Incarceration, although I have retained all the necessary qualifications for voting
- Certified participation in the address confidentiality program established under sections 589.660 to 589.681 because of safety concerns (only the people enrolled in this program through the Missouri Secretary of State’s office may select this reason)
For absentee I.D. requirements Click HERE.